Staff Recruiting Manager
Global Law Firm’s DC Office; Direct Hire; $80K -100K DOE
The Manager provides full-cycle recruitment for all non-attorney positions as well as all temporary positions for the U.S. offices. The Manager will report to the Director of Support Staff and oversee Staff Recruiting Coordinator.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Full-cycle recruiting for all non-attorney positions in the U.S. office by contacting employment agencies, placing advertisements, networking in the legal community, handling online recruitment and processing employee referrals.
- Ensuring all agencies have agreement and all temporary agencies have executed MSAs.
- Working closely with all Firm Chiefs, Directors, Managers and Supervisors during the recruitment process.
- Screening, interviewing, testing and completing reference checks on applicants. Recommending candidates for hire along with their compensation.
- Conducting new hire backgrounds via a third-party vendor for all hires firm wide including attorneys.
- Maintaining and tracking all recruitment data with the assistance from the Staff Recruiting Coordinator.
- Forecasting non-attorney recruiting budget with assistance from the Director of Support Staff. Monitoring agency fees, advertisement invoices, and other invoices pertaining to recruitment costs.
- Preparing new employee offer letters, pre-orientation forms and other administrative paperwork to accommodate the arrival of new employees.
- Ensuring the applicant tracking system, viRecruit, is maintained with accurate and up-to-date information.
- Advising the Director of Support Staff on all recruitment matters on a regular and consistent basis.
- Working closely and developing relationships with veteran organizations to increase exposure to possible veteran applicants.
- Responsible for procurement of all non-attorney temporaries in the U.S. offices.
- Participating in other human resources projects on an as needed basis.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience in full-cycle recruitment in a law firm, corporate or professional environment.
- Experience working with Affirmation Action plans.
- Proficient in a range of computer software including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Experience working with applicant tracking systems. viDesktop experience is a plus.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Confident communicator, ability to work effectively with all levels at the Firm.
- Strong organizational, planning skills and attention to detail.
- Exceptional judgment and professionalism.
- Ability to make sound decisions and demonstration a high degree of trustworthiness in handling confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle changing deadlines.
- Flexibility for occasional travel and work after hours.