National Law Firm’s Century City Office; Direct Hire; $80-85k
The Marketing and Business Development Department of our client is seeking a Specialist to join the firm’s Los Angeles office. Candidate will have a firm-wide function working in the Marketing and Business Development Department with a focus on handling firm-wide surveys and submissions. Candidate will also provide assistance around business development efforts as needed, primarily in connection with day-to-day pitch and proposals and other marketing materials requests.
- Coordinate submissions and survey responses for ranking and recognition in legal media publications and directories, including Chambers, Legal 500 and other regional, practice and industry credentialing opportunities. Manage vigorous submission deadlines and key milestones; draft compelling matter descriptions, practice overviews and other submission content; coordinate attorney outreach for review, input and approval; and schedule research interviews and briefings.
- Leverage marketing efforts in connection with surveys and submissions, including promoting the firm’s accomplishments across all internal and external channels (website, intranet, firm brochures, experience database, etc.).
- Assist in the creation and production of targeted client proposals and support general requests for business development materials, including drafting and customizing proposal and pitch content, coordinating attorney input, and proofing and distributing final versions.
to other special marketing and business development-related projects as needed,
including collaborating with broader business development team in the RFP
process (i.e., drafting responses, liaising with attorneys, producing final
- Bachelor of Arts degree in marketing or related field and 5+ years professional services marketing experience (preferably direct experience with legal surveys and submissions).
- Enthusiastic self-starter with excellent project management and organizational skills, including ability to develop project plans and set deadlines, manage and prioritize multiple assignments simultaneously and exercise independent judgement to meet business objectives.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with excellent attention to detail and the ability to create clear and concise messages intended for a sophisticated business and legal audience.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish credibility and build relationships with attorneys at all levels, as well as with professional staff and directory and publication researchers.
- Strong technical skills (including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and web-based platforms)