Litigation Legal Secretary
Global Law Firm’s Palo Alton Office; Direct Hire; $90Ks DOE
Preferred qualified candidates will possess well developed administrative and organizational skills, as well as a high level of initiative, excellent judgment and pride in their work.
The Litigation Secretary will provide a wide range of administrative, clerical and document processing services to support the practice of attorneys and paralegals. Candidate should also be flexible to work overtime as needed.
Skills & Competencies:
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of litigation laws, ability to comprehend a variety of legal court documents including complaints, answers, rulings, judgments, affidavits, motions, appeals, subpoenas, court dockets, reports, memos and correspondence. This candidate must possess a strong work ethic, have the highest integrity, excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, and the ability to collaborate well.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This role provides support that will ensure consistent and timely administration of legal and other specific litigation documentation as requested, and a variety of legal and secretarial duties that include the following:
- Preparation of court filings, research court rules, format and proofread documents for consistency and accuracy, assemble exhibits and appendices.
- Maintain legal files (both paper & electronic), organize and file documents in designated order, as well as prepare type, enter, proofread and process legal and administrative correspondence.
- Process time entry, make travel arrangements, process reimbursement expenses, maintain calendar, collate information, and other administrative duties as needed by the department.
- Communicate with clients, opposing counsel, courts, and liaisons.
- Adhere to legal document standards to ensure proper format and completeness for court acceptance.
- Update case information, scan documents, prepare answers, and conduct research.
- Manage document deliveries and track final executed documentation. Assist in preparing closing transcripts and legal documents to database for litigation transactions.
Qualifications & Prior Experience:
This position requires computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Preferred candidates will have a minimum of eight (8) year’s legal secretary experience with a law firm, and a strong ability to maintain high standards, while seeking out ways to contribute and anticipate needs.