Legal Resource Assistant
Global Law Firm’s Downtown Los Angeles Office; Direct Hire; Salary Open DOE
10:30 am-7:00 pm Monday through Friday
The Legal Resource Assistant will assist attorneys and other legal personnel with administrative, organizational and research work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
Responsibilities include the following:
Preparing, editing, and proofreading legal documents;
Assisting with trial preparation including organizing trial exhibits, notebooks, charts, graphs, and other visual aids;
Managing calendars and schedules by coordinating meetings, conference calls, and appointments;
Entering and processing expenses and invoices;
Coordinating and scheduling attorney travel; maintaining an awareness of attorneys' caseloads and statuses;
Establishing and maintaining attorneys' files;
Working with Excel and PowerPoint for a variety of assignments; and performing other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of a high school diploma, with a bachelors or two-year degree preferred.
- Excellent organizational and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Strong skills in MSWord, Excel and PowerPoint, Outlook, various databases and Internet research skills.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time appropriately.
- A proficiency with standard office procedures working in a team/collaborative environment.
- Ability to work a schedule from 10:30 am-7:00 pm Monday through Friday.
- Flexibility to work additional hours, as necessary.