IP Litigation Legal Assistant
Global Law Firm’s Downtown Los Angeles Office; Direct Hire; Salary Open DOE
Our client is seeking an experienced IP Litigation Legal Assistant. The IP Litigation Legal Assistant will assist on all aspects of IP litigation matters. Duties will include:
- Assisting attorneys in research and preparation of pleadings as well as daily assignments in relation to supporting active litigation matters and preparing for trial;
- Supporting patent litigation, patent appeals and contested proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) and U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC);
- Organizing information through the preparation of summaries, chronologies, reports, spreadsheets, charts, logs, and coding forms for input into databases, graphs and other usable formats.
- The ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments under tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- The ability to manage electronic and hard copy documents through litigation technology.
- Legal and factual cite checking including the ability to Shepardize and Blue Book a brief.
- Thorough understanding of court rules and filing requirements.
- Knowledge of Lexis-Nexis, Westlaw and internet search engines for research purposes.
- Knowledge of Pacer and ECF filing procedures.
- Prepare documents for discovery in response to opposing counsel requests.
- Work with in-house and outside vendors for electronic litigation support.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to work extra hours and travel as needed.