National Law Firm’s San Francisco Office; Direct Hire: $67-75K
Provide general hardware and software support services to the Firm's end-user population. Setup, install and configure systems equipment as well as audio and video teleconferences, while exhibiting a high level of customer service and attention to detail.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide onsite and remote technical support to the firm's user community including, but not limited to, troubleshooting, installation, configuration and maintenance of firm approved applications, end user hardware, peripheral devices and other technologies.
- Provide support during the migration of the Firm’s systems to Windows 10/Office 2016.
- Troubleshoot and maintain the firm's printer and scanner assets while appropriately escalating to vendors when necessary.
- Set-up audio-visual equipment; including audio and video teleconferences, PowerPoint presentations and web conferences.
- Set up and configure firm approved mobile devices including iPhones and iPads.
- Troubleshoot and update tickets escalated from first level Helpdesk in the firm approved ticketing system.
- Coordinate with other department members to ensure that accurate inventory data is maintained. Monitor inventory levels and alert supervisor when inventory becomes low.
- Handle technical issues in a controlled manner while interfacing with the user community in high pressure situations. Utilize independent judgment and discretion in escalating issues to system engineers or other IT resources as well as informing supervisor and IT management as necessary.
- Analyst will ensure that all assistance given is in compliance with department policies, procedures, and standards. He/She is responsible for informing their supervisor of any hardware, software, or practices which are non-compliant with firm or department policy.
- Maintain repair area, equipment, and inventory in an organized and clean manner.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities as identified. Analyst will need to be available for special projects for the department or firm as requested.
- This employee may be exposed, expressly or accidentally, to confidential information. All information must be held as confidential unless otherwise indicated.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of two years providing technical support to end-users in a professional services environment. Law firm experience preferred.
- Must be able to organize work according to priorities while balancing time constraints, interruptions and demanding end users. Track all tasks and inform supervisor of any delays. Follow up on all end-user requests (e.g. help-desk calls, escalation emails, computer installation/relocation, software installation, etc.) to ensure end-user satisfaction.
- In-depth understanding of desktops, laptops, peripheral devices and configuration issues. Firm understanding of Windows 10 operating system. Excellent knowledge of and ability to support a variety of software including Microsoft Office 2016 and legal-specific software. Familiarity with Active Directory and networking concepts. Familiarity with mobile devices including iPhones and iPads. Ability to independently learn new software applications and technologies quickly and thoroughly. Must be able to detect visual and audio cues for troubleshooting purposes.
- Ability to listen and communicate clearly and effectively while maintaining good working relationships with co-workers, attorneys, and other support staff. Must be able to communicate effectively with users in a non-technical fashion. Must have the ability to read and understand technical manuals, journals, specifications, and procedures. Additionally, this employee must be able to write procedures pertaining to his/her job duties.
- Proven ability to notice and pay attention to details.
- Must be willing to work extended hours, including but not limited to, nights and weekends, when requested and during major project rollouts. We will make every effort to provide advance notification when possible in order to facilitate scheduling. Analyst might be required to travel to other Firm Offices on special projects.
- Must be able to lift and carry microcomputer equipment (i.e., CPU enclosures, monitors, chassis, etc.) or other bulky items up to 35 pounds. Must be able to maneuver aforementioned items into and out of tight spaces and at awkward angles. Must be able to accurately manipulate small tools and components. Must be able to physically operate and interact with various microcomputer equipment found within the firm. Must be able to detect visual and audio cues for troubleshooting purposes.